Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: MiniDisc to Camera

  1. #1
    Inactive Member jack jutson's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 5th, 2002
    Posts
    42
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    How do you get Minidisc onto MiniDV? I composed music and put it on mimidisc and want to put it onto dv to upload onto the comp .... cheers

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Gurdeep Samra's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 7th, 1999
    Posts
    153
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    PandaRiotSquad, what equipment are you using? I mean, when you say minidisc are you talking about a portable player or an actual stereo deck?

    You could try sending your audio via the headphone socket into your mic socket of your camera and record the sound that way. Obviously this may take a few attempts as you'd have to get the recording level right and even then the results may not be great.

    Or the easy way is to go and buy a soundcard with optical in and transfer the audio directly to your hard drive.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member steven_craig's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 24th, 2001
    Posts
    337
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    Gurdeep any suggestions on reasonably priced sound cards? with optical in?

  4. #4
    Inactive Member machead's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 23rd, 2000
    Posts
    410
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    steven_craig
    your on a Mac use 'Simple Sound' OS9 application, maybe OSX application aswell.

    No sound-card required just use your sound-in jack at the rear of your Mac and plug your external sound device into it. Open the program and import, very basic but effective program.
    Choose between 48Khz to 8Khz for quality and loads of QuickTime compression options.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Gurdeep Samra's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 7th, 1999
    Posts
    153
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    I have a Sound Blaster Audigy. It has both optical in and optical out. However as I have never used the card for minidisc I do not know what the results would be like.

    The Audigy set me back about 190 quid (I honestly can't remember the exact price). I feel it was worth every penny as it is a top card and hasn't let me down yet and I would suggest it.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member chewiee's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    1
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    I'd recommend the Audigy too, its the nuts, two fire wire (one on back, and one on front plate for ease of access)

    As for the optical, I've so far only used it to record down to MD from my PC, but all without any problems... apart from my taste in music [img]wink.gif[/img]

    My Music

    Anyone know of any good Premier 6 tutorials? I wanna start my first film... about some farmer dude who's dad is like 2 meters tall, covered in black plastic and who has an obsession with the number 4...

    "Feel the 4's" [img]wink.gif[/img]
    "The 4's is strong with this one!"

    Cheers

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •